Adoptive Parent Services
Living as an adoptive family has unique day-to-day challenges. Support and education are important components of any adoption. Whether gathering facts on the adoption process or learning the ins and outs of living as an adoptive family, Ametz has much to offer.
All programs are open to the general community. You do not need to be an Ametz client to attend one of our educational or support groups. Separate groups are available to pre and post adoptive families.
- · "How to Adopt" workshops provide step-by-step information on domestic and international adoption, including working with attorneys and agencies, costs, time frames, adoption homestudies and next steps.
- · Adoptive Parenting workshops explore adoption and parenting issues.
- · Individual, couple and family consultations and brief counseling for adoption and parenting issues.
- · Group support for singles and couples before, during and after adoption.
- · Family programs offer adults and children an opportunity to socialize while gaining knowledge on adoption and parenting issues.
For specific programs see the Adoption Calendar.